Our warranty conditions apply to all Centaur Cargo products. The warranty conditions contain the warranty period and which parts are covered by the warranty, among others.
Article 1 – Warranty
1) Centaur Cargo guarantees that all Centaur Cargo cargo bikes are free of manufacturing and/or material defects, insofar the foregoing results from the conditions of this warranty.
2) The warranty can only be invoked by the original owner of the relevant Centaur Cargo cargo bike.
3) The warranty expires in accordance with the provisions in Articles 3.1 and 5.1.
4) The warranty is not transferable.
5) The warranty period commences on the day of delivery after agreement and receipt of delivery.
Article 2 – Warranty period
1) The Centaur Cargo cargo bike frames are covered by a 5-year warranty against manufacturing and/or material defects.
2) The box and box panels are covered by a 1-year warranty against manufacturing and/or material defects.
3) All electrical components are covered by a 2-year warranty against manufacturing and/or material defects.
4) All other parts, with the exception of the parts mentioned in Article 2.5, are covered by a 2-year warranty against manufacturing and/or material defects.
5) Parts subject to wear, such as tires, chain, chain rings, cables, brake pads, are not covered by this warranty, unless there is a manufacturing and/or material defect.
6) Loss of color for the box and/or box parts is not covered by the warranty and can occur through daily use and/or external factors such as UV rays, moisture and heat.
7) Centaur Cargo cargo bike show models are covered by 50% of above mentioned warranty periods.
Article 3 – Warranty Exclusions
1) The warranty will become void in the following cases:
a) The Centaur Cargo cargo bike did not undergo a first service after 10-12 weeks or 100 km after delivery (proof through invoice/receipt).
b) The Centaur Cargo cargo bike did not undergo a yearly service after the first service check (proof through invoice/receipt).
c) Defects are due to improper assembly, i.e. assembly not in line with the assembly instructions included with your bike, or the instructions on the website.
d) Incorrect and/or careless use of the Centaur Cargo cargo bike, not in accordance with its intended purpose, among others:
• Riding the bike on or off the kerb with a full load;
• Riding up against kerbs;
• Riding a three-wheeler on two wheels.
e) Technical repairs that are not carried out professionally.
f) Parts installed at a later date do not correspond with the technical specifications of the relevant cargo bike or are installed incorrectly.
g) Proof of ownership cannot be shown.
h) When the box load is higher than the maximum load capacity mentioned on the website www.centaurcargo.com
i) When the saddle load is more than 100 kg.
j) When the rear carrier load is more than 25 kg.
k) In case of damage resulting from an accident or other external calamity.
2) Furthermore, Centaur Cargo’s liability expressly excludes damage to (parts of) the Centaur Cargo cargo bike as a result of:
a) Incorrect adjustment of/tension on the handlebar, stem, saddle, seat post, derailleur set, brakes, gears and/or parts that become loose, adjusting wheels and spokes during use, and spoke breakage.
b) Not replacing parts in a timely manner, such as brake/derailleur cables, brake pads, tires, chain and sprockets.
c) Climatic influences such as normal weathering of paint or rusting of chrome.
d) Climatic influences such as discoloration of the box or paint.
e) Cargo bikes that are used as rentals.
3) Prints on the box are excluded from warranty conditions.
Article 4 – Labour costs on parts in case of warranty
1) During the warranty period, all parts determined by Centaur Cargo as being a material or manufacturing defect, shall be repaired or reimbursed at Centaur Cargo’s discretion. Costs for (dis)assembly are to be borne by the owner, if the owner is expected to be able to mount the part by himself/herself.
2) Notwithstanding the provisions in the previous paragraph, Centaur Cargo shall also bear the labour costs in case of material and/or manufacturing defects on frames and forks for two years after date of purchase.
Article 5 – Submitting a warranty claim
1) Warranty claims must be submitted to Centaur Cargo by email. The email should include the order number, frame number and a picture of the relevant part. Centaur Cargo will then be able to assess whether it is covered by the warranty.
2) Centaur Cargo will either accept or reject the claim within a reasonable time frame. Should it not be reasonably possible for Centaur Cargo to assess the defect without having seen the cargo bike in person, an appropriate solution will be found in consultation with the owner.
3) Before sending a replacement item, Centaur Cargo may request the item in question to be sent to Centaur Cargo for assessment. Based on that assessment, Centaur Cargo may decide that the item is not covered by the warranty and may not send a replacement item.
4) Transport costs for the Centaur Cargo cargo bike and/or parts to and from Centaur Cargo shall be borne by the owner, unless the relevant part is covered by the warranty.
5) If a certain part is covered by the warranty and the original is no longer available, Centaur Cargo will suggest an alternative that is at least equivalent.
Article 6 – Liability
1) A warranty claim honored by Centaur Cargo does not automatically mean that Centaur Cargo also accepts liability for any loss or damage sustained. Centaur Cargo’s liability will never extend beyond what is defined in these warranty conditions and/or Centaur Cargo’s applicable general terms and conditions.